Derdack GmbH (in the following also “Derdack” or “we”) appreciates your interest in the app “SIGNL4” (in the following also “SIGNL4” or “App”). We attach great importance to protecting your privacy. In the following we provide detailed information on how your data is handled.
1. DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller is:
Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 8, 14467 Potsdam
Managing director: Matthes Derdack
2. CONTACT DETAILS OF THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
René Bormann, firstname.lastname@example.org
3.1 The App is an alert notification app for companies via which processes and inci-dents can be monitored and alerts can be sent and tracked. The App supports alerting and communication processes. For this purpose, it is necessary for each user to first register for the use of the App.
3.2 During the process of registering for the App, we ask for the following (personal) access data:
• your e-mail address,
• your password.
We initially generate your password, and you can then change it.
3.3 If you decide after the end of the test period to subscribe to App upgrades with additional functions subject to a charge, we will ask for the following additional data:
• name and address (this will usually be the name and address of the com-pany you work for),
• your name as contact or the name of another person as contact,
• payment details.
3.4 You can provide the following additional information voluntarily during the regis-tration process or while using the App:
• Your mobile telephone number.
• Location data: we elicit your location data by means of GPS (to the me-tre) on a voluntary basis for the purposes of providing the service. When you begin to use the App and at certain intervals during the use of the App, Derdack will ask you to give your permission to the use of these lo-cation data. If you do not want to give us this permission, we will not ac-cess the location data and not use them. In this case, you may continue to use the App to a limited extent. You may grant or withdraw the permis-sion in your device settings at any time in the future. Your location data are transferred to us only when you have activated the App. We will not use your location data to generate a motion profile using your current lo-cation.
• An email address to which we can send invoices for the paid version of the App.
3.5 You may withdraw the voluntary data (see 3.4.3) at any time with effect for the future by deleting the relevant data in your profile.
3.6 We use the data listed under 3.1 to 3.43 solely for the purpose of making it possi-ble for you to use the SIGNL4 App. If you have given us your consent to send you our email newsletter, we will use your email address to send the newsletter to you.
4. ELICITATION OF DATA DURING USE OF THE APP
4.1 What data we elicit during use of the App depends on what version of the App you have installed or what additional functions you have subscribed to. We in-form you below what data can be elicited depending on the installed or subscribed function:
• the source or the content of the triggering of the alert,
• the date and time when you received the alert, whether and when you acknowledged the alert and whether and when you closed an alert; de-pending on the function, these data in the App are visible for other mem-bers of your team or are communicated by Derdack to other members of your team,
• the time you report to work or begin your shift or clock out; depending on the function, these data are visible to other members of your team as your status or are communicated by us to other members of your team,
• messages you send to and receive from members of your team (alert-related remarks).
4.2 We use the data specified under 4.1 for the following purposes:
• in order to make it possible for you and your team colleagues to use the App with the installed/subscribed functions,
• in order to invoice the charges (performance of the contract) in cases in which paid upgrades of the App have been subscribed to,
• in order to analyse the use of the App and the related services and to im-prove the services; but these analyses are carried out only anonymously.
4.3 Depending on the installed/subscribed functions, the data specified under 4.1 are used within a certain period of use in order to determine the response times within a team, to classify the alerts and their relevance and to analyse the allocation of alert acknowledgements to the users in one team. These analyses are individual and are also visible for all users in one team or are communicated to the users by us.
4.4 We store your data to the extent and as long as required by statutory archiving periods.
5. TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
Because this is an alert app for teams, the collected data are passed on within the team (see 4). This includes supervisors if they are part of the team.
6. TRANSFER OF DATA TO NON-EU COUNTRIES
Invoice and credit card information is passed on to the companies Recurly Inc. and Stripe Inc., both domiciled in the United States of America, for processing. The data recipients are certified pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
7. CONSENTS GIVEN
7.1 You have expressly given us the following consent(s), and we have kept a record of your consent.
□ I consent to the use of my email address by Derdack for the purpose of sending me their newsletter.
Under the German Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz) we are obliged to keep the content of consent declarations accessible at all times.
7.2 You may withdraw your consent(s) at any time with effect for the future.
8. DATA SECURITY
To guarantee data security and protect your personal data, Derdack GmbH will take technical protective measures to prevent third parties from accessing your da-ta, in particular. Derdack GmbH adapts these technical protective measures to state-of-the-art technology.
9. THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION, RECTIFICATION, DELETION AND BLOCKING OF YOUR DATA
9.1 You have the right to be informed about your personal data stored at Derdack and, if appropriate, to have this data rectified, deleted or blocked. To assert your rights, please contact the data controller designated under 1.
9.2 You may view and modify the data stored in your profile at any time. You may also delete your profile at any time. In cases governed by § 35 (3) German Federal Data Protection Act, your profile will be blocked rather than deleted.
9.3 Derdack points out that if instructed to do so by the data controller, Derdack is entitled in individual cases to provide information about data if this is required for purposes of prosecution, to avert risks by the police authorities of the federal states, to perform the statutory tasks of the federal and state authorities to protect the constitution, of the German intelligence service (Bundesnachrichtendienst) or of the military counterintelligence service (militärischer Abschirmdienst) or to en-force intellectual property rights.
10.1 In the course of technological development, Derdack will continually update its data protection policy. Derdack will incorporate any updates on this page in good time and, if necessary, obtain your renewed consent.
10.2 Irrespective of this, you should visit this site regularly to obtain information about the current status of data protection.