1. Scope of application 1.1. These Terms and Conditions apply to paid subscription with additional functions of the SIGNL4 (the “Service”) between the customer and Derdack GmbH (hereinafter “Derdack”). 1.2. A subscription is made available in different versions on the website www.signl4.com for companies whose employees use the Service. Paid functions of the Service can be subscribed to only by the companies themselves in accordance with these terms. The Terms and Conditions can be stored and/or printed out. 1.3 Only companies, business professionals, freelancers and public institutions are offered the conclusion of a contract. Consumers as defined in § 13 German Civil Code (BGB) and other local laws and regulations are not offered the conclusion of a contract pursuant to 2 of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Paid Versions 2.1. There are various versions providing distinct functions of the Service: The free test version is provided by Derdack at its own discretion for a limited period. It has limited functions related to alert notifications, alert acknowledgement and on-call/standby management for a maximum of five people. Derdack reserves the right to discontinue the free version at any time. 2.2. Other paid versions with additional features, each described on the website www.signl4.com can be subscribed to via the website www.signl4.com or the mobile app for the monthly or annual charge specified on the website for the respective region: – The version Notify and Connect – The version Optimize – The version Maximize
3. How to subscribe 3.1. Only users registered for the use of the Service (in the following Registered Users) are entitled to use SIGNL4. For this purpose, it is first necessary to install the app on a mobile device via Apple or Google Play. The data requested by the app must then be fully and correctly provided. After the data have been provided, Derdack will send the user a confirmation code via email to the email address provided. Then the user must confirm the confirmation code again by entering the code in the app. After receiving this confirmation from the user, Derdack will set up an individual user account for the user and inform the user that this has been done. This information about the successful setup of the user account completes the registration process, and a user contract between Derdack and the Registered User for the free use of the app is concluded. Alternatively, the user can also register for a SIGNL4 account through the SIGNL4 website. 3.2. The contract for the subscription to additional paid functions will be concluded if the customer books and purchases paid functions of the Service via the website www.signl4.com. The subscription to additional functions can be made only online via the website www.signl4.com. 3.3. The customer, as Registered User, can select one of the offered subscriptions by choosing it at the beginning of the purchase process. 3.4. After the customer has selected the desired subscription, he will continue with purchase procedure by clicking on “Continue”. The customer is then asked to provide his commercial data and continue the ordering procedure by clicking on “Continue”. In the next step, the customer is asked to provide credit card data (if not enabled for payment by wired transfer). The customer continues in the ordering procedure by clicking on “Continue”. After the customer confirms that he has read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and the data protection provisions, by clicking on “Continue” he will arrive at a detailed overview of the details of the subscription selected by him and of any other costs incurred in connection with the order. 3.5. Before sending the order by clicking “Order” or “Buy”, the customer has the option to correct his entries in any phase of the ordering process by clicking on “Back”. 3.6. The order of the subscription is triggered by clicking on “Order” or “Buy”. In placing the order, the customer bindingly declares his willingness to conclude the contract for the subscription. 3.7. The customer can store and/or print out the contractual terms and the content of his order immediately after placing the order. 3.8. Immediately after placing the subscription order, the customer is informed of the receipt of his order by an email confirming receipt (“Subscription Confirmation”). Such confirmation of receipt constitutes the acceptance of the order placed by the customer. An invoice is sent to the Customer by email.
4. Access data, system requirements 4.1. After having completed the registration, the customer will be provided password-protected, electronic access by using the access data provided to him (user name, initials, automatically generated password, if not registered using a different authentication provider). These access data can be personalized and changed, in particular the password (f not registered using a different authentication provider). The customer has to keep these access data safely protected from access by third parties. These access data must not be passed on to third parties. The customer must prevent unauthorized use of the access data by third parties. 4.2. Derdack does not assume liability for the constant availability of the online connection and the availability of the servers but strives for an above average availability. 4.3. A prerequisite for the use of the services is that the Registered User has an internet-enabled mobile device on which the relevant version of the iOS or Android operating system stated as minimum requirement during the download is installed. Moreover, the use of the Service requires an internet connection that provides a sufficient data transmission rate. Derdack reserves the right to adapt the services to the market conditions on an ongoing basis. In order to use the Service, it is therefore particularly necessary to keep the operating system of the mobile end device and the app updated. Adjustments may also lead to the situation that in the future especially older end devices will no longer fulfil the requirements or will fulfil the requirements only to a limited extent.
5. Prices and payment 5.1. All prices on our website as amended from time to time are accessible under https://www.signl4.com/pricing/ or specified in other information are to be understood as net prices in the given currency plus the applicable value added or sales tax. Prices can be offered in multiple currencies which application depends on the location of the purchaser. 5.2. The currently applicable monthly or annual costs for the use of the respective paid versions of the app can be seen from the current price list accessible under https://www.signl4.com/pricing/. 5.3. Payment will be due monthly or annually in advance and debited automatically on the basis of the credit card data provided. Derdack can grant and enable the customer for payment by wired transfer in advance. 5.4. The customer may incur further costs using the subscription that Derdack cannot influence. This includes costs incurred using the internet or the purchase or use of mobile devices. These costs are not included in the subscription price.
6. Price change Changes in price are published on the website www.signl4.com.
7. Default on payment If the customer defaults on payment, Derdack will be entitled to block the access to the paid functions. Furthermore, Derdack reserves the right to assert statutory claims.
8. Term of agreement 8.1. Unless provided otherwise, the subscription contract is for an indefinite period and renews automatically (“billing term”). The subscription contract concluded for an indefinite period can be terminated with two weeks’ notice with effect at the end of a calendar month by Derdack. 8.2. The customer may terminate the subscription at any time with effect at the end of the month or year for which the subscription has been paid in advance. The subscription will then expire. The termination option is provided via the web portal under the help menu at http://account.signl4.com/manage. By clicking on the “Terminate” button on this portal, the subscription will be terminated with effect on the next renewal date. The customer receives an email about this to his email address provided on the web portal. 8.3. If prices increase, customers have a special right of termination. This does not affect the right to terminate for good cause.
9. Liability In cases of slight negligence, Derdack will be liable only in the event of breach of contractual duties the fulfilment of which shapes the contract and on which the contracting partner may rely, and the liability is limited to the foreseeable loss typical for this type of agreement. This does not apply to injury to life, body or health or to instances of mandatory statutory liability, in particular, cases of damage under the German Product Liability Act (“Produkthaftungsgesetz”).
10. Governing law and place of jurisdiction 10.1. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany is applicable, excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). 10.2. If the customer is a businessman, a legal person under public law or a special public fund, the exclusive place of jurisdiction will be Potsdam, Germany.
11. Public Announcements Derdack can use the customer’s company name and logo on the website, in product brochures, case studies and financial reports indicating that your company is a customer of Derdack.
Contact Us If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.